Digital Storytelling

 Hello everyone!

 

This time we were assigned to create a digital story. Me, Feyza and Zeynep decided to do this task together. We chose to do a PSA (Public Service Announcement). We made our PSA about bullying. We wanted to draw our audience’s attention to several significant points. Firstly, we wrote our text. I was the one who made the editing part. Actually I was going to use After Effects but I faced a few technical issues, then I started to look for other options. I ended up choosing Canva. It’s free version didn’t had many options, that made my job really hard. I had to delete the photo animations in order to have the text animations. If I could use After Effects everything would be much easier.


Each one of us had an individual part followed by a chant but unfortunately, there were no audio when I started the editing. For this reason, we couldn’t use our chant. In addition, I was looking for a copyright free background audio but I couldn’t find a suitable audio. In a nutshell, I went through a really chaotic preparation phase.


I really like the idea of digital storytelling, as I was kind of doing editing as a hobby in the past but I didn’t really thought about using this in my lessons and I think I can benefit from it. I think my students would love learning through these materials.


Here is our final product!





Also, don't forget to check Feyza's blog and Zeynep's blog, too!


Until then, take care <3

Post a Comment

0 Comments