21st Century Learning: Keeping Up to Date in Schools

Hello everyone!

Today I'll be talking about 21st century learning, including what it is and why it's crucial for language learning.

 

Let’s start with what 21st century learning is. 21st century learning is the process of equipping students with the information and skills including digital literacy, critical thinking and problem solving, communication and collaboration. Students should learn and use these skills to become successful in their school and work life.

 

In my opinion, if students and teachers have these skills and develop them, language learning would not be a big problem. I think that communication skill is the most crucial skill in language learning, because grammar can be learned while studying books but if you don’t practice speaking you most probably won’t be able to talk fluently in English and never learn the usage of English. For that reason, teachers must develop their students’ communication skills. Also giving them group works would develop their collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving skills.

 

As a teacher candidate, and as a student who didn’t use technology as a learning equipment, I will give my lessons accordingly to 21st century learning. If I simply think about my language lessons in the past, I realize that I wouldn’t learn English without my own efforts. If we used technology in our classes, everything would be very different for me. I don’t want my students to think the same way as I do now, and I’ll try my best to prevent it.

 

Until next time, take care <3


Source
 

Post a Comment

0 Comments